Friday, February 17, 2012

Dig your heels into the sand, but it won't last.

Extra post today. I feel like I haven't really written anything lately, aside from a quick "About Today's Look" sort of thing.
Yesterday in my sociology class, my professor was talking about this summer abroad thing with one of the French professors. It's a month in Paris. I'd be packing already if it wasn't for the fact that the trip is $3300. It's not an insane amount, considering the fact that that includes transportation and room & board, but there's absolutely no way I could get that much by June.
So I've decided that I'm going to fight tooth and nail to do my fall semester abroad. Since I won't be able to transfer to Monterey Bay (my new school of choice, where I'll be majoring in marine science) until Spring 2013, I'll have a whole semester of, well, wasting time. I'll have all of my transfer units at the end of this semester, but, alas, life sucks and I can't even apply till, well, soon, I hope. So I'll have all of fall semester to either take random, boring classes at either COC or AVC, or study abroad. Really, I'd like to go anywhere, so long as I can travel somewhere. Does that make sense?
I need to start looking into the various programs, and costs, and how on earth I'm going to pay for it. Oi.
It's so worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment